The newly renovated Mercer Street Warehouse District is a retail area with ample space to walk and enjoy the sites, a variety of retail stores and a relaxing, shaded courtyard with seating. The name connotes the history of the buildings, which were originally constructed as warehouses. Today the Mercer Street Warehouse District has been beautifully updated to house separate retail spaces, referred to as “Suites.” With a total of 17,452 sq. ft., the listing agent, Dean Erickson confirmed all of the retail spaces are occupied with the exception of the former dance hall. This space is currently available and offers roughly 5,000 sq.ft. of tremendous build-out potential with its cherished history attached.
According to Erickson, “The whole purpose of the Warehouse District is to add and enhance a boutique retail area for folks to visit. The courtyard is shaded with ample seating and beautiful mature live oaks. With its direct access to Mercer Street, the Warehouse District is a haven to sip, shop and stay.
Located in the 300 block of Mercer Street, the Warehouse District is central to the “downtown” attractions and businesses. Surrounded by historical buildings, the Warehouse District connects the charming history of Mercer Street to its exciting future. As home to some of the first businesses in Dripping Springs, many of the storefronts have remained unchanged for decades and provide a peek into our past and tell the story of who Dripping Springs is today.
The Warehouse District is located right in the center of what was historically dubbed “The Quad.” The original Quad consisted of the following businesses:
- Crow Wool/Mohair Store, 1937 (currently Rippy’s)
- Spaw Barber Shop and Post Office, 1937 (currently Sacred Moon)
- A.L. Davis Mercantile, 1891 (currently Lone Star Gifts and Mazama Coffee)
- Haydon Central Garage / Mobil, 1937 (currently Dripping Springs Rental Center)
- Crenshaw Garage/Texaco, 1926 (currently The Barber Shop)
- The Denbow Office (currently for sale)
- Dripping Springs Academy, 1881 (currently Rambo Masonic Hall)
- Solon Glosson Grocery Story, 1952
- Patterson Mercantile Store, 1906 (currently Vintage Soul)
- F.W. Miller Rock Café, 1940 (currently Drippin’ Pickin’s)
- F.W. Miller Texaco Station,1940 (currently The Station)
New occupants in the Warehouse District are:
Curated Cottage, open and offering eclectic, gorgeous furniture and furnishings for your home.
Growlicks, currently under construction, will be a specialty bar featuring high-end craft cocktails.